Re: Chkdsk

ssapounas wrote:
Thanks Frenchy, the wierd thing is I do answer Y hit enter and get a cmd
prompt back. Then I reset, and I get the option to select the operating
system I wish to run, CHKDSK will not run even on reboot, I can't figure
out why.

Ummmm. It is getting trickier. It maybe that key Operating files are

Try this

Note the need to right click the command prompt and run as an administrator.

If that doesn't fix things, you may need to back up all data and insert the Vista disk and do a Repair in place. Note if you have SP1 installed but only have a normal vista disk, you will be forced to do a full install.

Relevant Pages