Re: Chkdsk

Thanks Frenchy, the wierd thing is I do answer Y hit enter and get a cmd
prompt back. Then I reset, and I get the option to select the operating
system I wish to run, CHKDSK will not run even on reboot, I can't figure
out why.

Scott

--
ssapounas

  • Re: clearing caches
    ... urls etc I noticed that when I hit run cmd was still in the run prompt on my xp media center. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: clearing caches
    ... saved urls etc I noticed that when I hit run cmd was still in the run ... prompt on my xp media center. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Getting IP address
    ... In news:microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, "Phantom" ... Type "cmd" in the text field and hit ENTER. ... Type "ipconfig /all" at the prompt and hit ENTER. ...
  • Re: windows xp locked with forgotten password and no admin account...h
    ... but there isn't one and there was no reset disk made. ... particular password for this admin account then there is ... insert the CD in your optical drive and boot to it. ... The next prompt will be "What is the path to the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Password
    ... original XP disk, does she have any other way of getting to reset her ... bootable CD that with which you will be able to reset your password. ... Hopefully your PC is set up so that it will boot to a bootable CD. ... The next prompt will be "What is the path to the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)