Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

Hello Nigel,

Thank you, I stand corrected I have RAID 1 applied the (2) 500GB Drives
act as (1) Drive, I am using the Intel Matrix Storage Console that is
part of my HP PC. If (1) drive fails I am protected.

Thank you,

Jeff

barman58;852677 Wrote:
I have my (2) 500GB drives set up for RAID 0, so if 1 drive fails the
other takes over> > Hi Banjo,

Are you sure you mean Raid 0 Here? that will not give you the backup
option you may want

- RAID 0 (striped disks) distributes data across several disks in a
> way that gives improved speed and full capacity, but all data on all
> disks will be lost if any one disk fails.

- RAID 1 (mirrored disks) could be described as a backup solution,
> using two (possibly more) disks that each store the same data so
> that data is not lost as long as one disk survives. Total capacity
> of the array is just the capacity of a single disk. The failure of
> one drive, in the event of a hardware or software malfunction, does
> not increase the chance of a failure nor decrease the reliability of
> the remaining drives (second, third, etc).

- RAID 5 (striped disks with parity) combines three or more disks
> in a way that protects data against loss of any one disk; the
> storage capacity of the array is reduced by one disk.

- RAID 6 (less common) can recover from the loss of two disks.

- RAID 10 (or 1+0) uses both striping and mirroring.

above from the article in Wikipedia
'RAID - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID)

As to the scheduling of this backup you may be able to alter the
schedule in task scheduler

--
Banjo200
.