Re: black screen on vista, operating on safe mode only

Hi,
Updating the video driver didn't work for me, but uninstalling and
reinstalling did the trick.
Regards,
Joel

Dell Vostro 1500 laptop with Vista Ultimate

--
JoelE

  • Re: Having upgrade problems on Emachine T5224 Vista Ultimate
    ... Laptop to be upgraded from Vista Basic to Vista Ultimate and have Office reinstalled. ... Now, I am stuck with a Vista Ultimate upgrade that has been activated, which is fixing to be uninstalled because it is really frustrating me. ... If I can't do this because of hardware upgrades, specifically changing to larger hard drives in the laptop and both my other computers, I am going to be really mad. ...
  • Re: Vista 64 bit vs 32 bit
    ... I personally installed and "upgraded" my one-year-old laptop from 32-bit Vista Ultimate to 64-bit Vista Ultimate. ... I discovered the manufacturer of the laptop automatically included processors that would support 64 on all their newer machines at the time of manufacture, even though they loaded 32 on it; so, I decided to go ahead and upgrade. ... I checked to be certain that all hardware installed - video card, wireless, mousepad, etc. - had 64-bit drivers available for download. ... I remember there was issues with programs having 16 bit installers that ...
  • Re: Pulling my hair out over wireless problem
    ... I got a new laptop with built-in Intel Pro ... ~ 5300AGN card and Vista Ultimate. ... ~ Usually if I disconnect and reconnect from the WiFi network (NetGear G ... I went into the wifi card hardware setup, ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: The best version of Ubuntu for my laptop
    ... I am planning to migrate from Win 7 to Ubuntu for my old Dell vostro ... 1510 with 5Gb Ram, my computer use consists essentially in web browsing, ... I tied that and the overblown Gnome3 interface barely ran on my laptop. ... lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • User Settings Disappearing; Monitor Settings Unstable; Desktop Search Overtakes System; Laptops Unus
    ... I have a business which uses five HP Pavilion laptops, each of which is under a year old, as well as two new HP desktops, all running Vista Ultimate and Vista Ultimate x64. ... In every instance, the user settings will change no matter how often they are reset, reconfigured, or reorganized. ... When giving a very stressful presentation today, my newer HP laptop with Vista Ultimate spent over 15 minutes trying to adapt to the same HD monitor I had set up earlier this morning. ...