Re: "You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D:)" message.

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:00:00 -0700, Stacy B.
<StacyB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

__________
Greetings,
I have been recieving "low disc space, recovery D" notices for some time now
and don't seem to be finding a fix I feel applies or that I want to risk
trying. Is this a windows Vista Premium issue or a manufacturers (Dell 530
inspiron) thing? Single hard drive with partician for D.

I believe my Windows "backup" was preset to backup to "Recovery drive D"
(why is that even an option?) for some reason and I was unwittingly using it
as such. Now I have the disk full + message fequently.

The recovery partition is *not* meant as a place for you to backup to,
or anything else for that matter. It's a partition created by Dell for
the sole purpose of providing a place for them to give you the files
required to reinstall Windows. It is not there for you to do anything
else with.

Do not backup there, or do anything else there.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
.