Re: "You are running out of disk space on RECOVERY (D:)" message.

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:00:00 -0700, Stacy B.
<StacyB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

__________
Greetings,
I have been recieving "low disc space, recovery D" notices for some time now
and don't seem to be finding a fix I feel applies or that I want to risk
trying. Is this a windows Vista Premium issue or a manufacturers (Dell 530
inspiron) thing? Single hard drive with partician for D.

I believe my Windows "backup" was preset to backup to "Recovery drive D"
(why is that even an option?) for some reason and I was unwittingly using it
as such. Now I have the disk full + message fequently.

The recovery partition is *not* meant as a place for you to backup to,
or anything else for that matter. It's a partition created by Dell for
the sole purpose of providing a place for them to give you the files
required to reinstall Windows. It is not there for you to do anything
else with.

Do not backup there, or do anything else there.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: Missing CDs
    ... hidden recovery partition. ... Windows XP CD, with which I could do a Repair Install, extract files, or do a Clean ... >> and a second time because the set of recovery CDs that HP sent wouldn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: MS DOS computer startup
    ... I'm looking into Acronis True Image and because I have a lot of room on ... stored a Restore area of 979 MB for Windows. ... As far as you know, can recovery, from these files or from the ... You might also want to look into getting a drive imaging program to backup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: System Recovery?
    ... But Windows ... I went ahead and did a system recovery by pressing F10 before I boot. ... I had two separate user profiles, and there is a folder with my ... Always have a full and complete backup of important data. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Interview-Today-immediate hire
    ... BACKUP ADMINISTRATOR Familiar with IBM TSM, CommVault Simpana Backup and Recovery Software, Data Domain, and/or Isilon NAS. ... Understanding of backup & recovery principals, disaster recovery and knowledgeable of windows, aix and linux O/Ses. ... Demonstrated experience working on development projects utilizing waterfall and/or agile development techniques ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)
  • Re: System Recovery?
    ... But Windows ... I went ahead and did a system recovery by pressing F10 before I boot. ... You suffered a malware problem but there are any number of things that can happen which lead to data loss. ... Always have a full and complete backup of important data. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)