Re: How do I control what is loaded on startup in Vista?

If you can't find where the program is starting using simple tools like
WinPatrol then try AutoRuns. There's so many ways to load up a program
during boot that it will make your head spin. :)

--
MilesAhead

"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"

  • Re: Why does it take so long at start-up?
    ... Autoruns is a better tool for the purpose you describe. ... Msconfig is a troubleshooting tool and not one for making permanent ... when you logon (the 'Logon' tab) and other programs that load ... any program that you don't want to load. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: start up
    ... I down loaded Autoruns but I cant see how-where to actually run it. ... Many programmes are set to load on StartUp when they this is not ... during the boot process can cause over long boot times. ... mfred10 wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: start up
    ... I was handed a "short stack" when it comes to computers-lol ... Any time you want to use Autoruns just double click on the Desktop Shortcut. ... Many programmes are set to load on StartUp when they this is not ... occurring during the boot process can cause over long boot times. ...
    ... I packaged to CD a presentation in which there are 4 seperate files ... When the CD autoruns it takes about 20 seconds to load. ... Jim ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)