Re: "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

Phatkow, Thanks for your additional input to this thread.

My HDD is also Western Digital. My model is:

WD1600BEVS-60RSTO

As a manufacturer myself I know that one always tries to use the same
components in different models of your product when possible. This
allows you to buy them in larger quantities and helps to simplify
inventory and purchasing, etc.

I wonder if there is a single component that is common to different
Western Digital drives that is failing - perhaps a proprietary IC. It
would be interesting to hear from others who have experienced this
problem what the make and model of their Hard Disk drive is. Some have
volunteered that information already and I can't remember anyone naming
other than Western Digital - but I'll go back now and check. It's also
useful to remember that Western Digital supplies very many Hard Drives
to the OEM market - possibly the great majority - so that could just be
a coincidence.

--
Banjoguy

  • Re: XP to Windows 7
    ... a legal Windows 7 disk and wish to install W7 on one of the drives. ... capability of booting the cloned contents from a USB external HDD ... the contents of the two OSs to the appropriate partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP to Windows 7
    ... a legal Windows 7 disk and wish to install W7 on one of the drives. ... capability of booting the cloned contents from a USB external HDD ... the contents of the two OSs to the appropriate partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Clone, ghost, migrate or image?
    ... operated temporarily in an external enclosure, then swap the drives. ... Windows install hard disk with the machine, ... all practical purposes your new HDD will be a duplicate of your current HDD. ... enclosure specifically designed for 2 1/2" hard drives. ...
  • Re: PC almost at standstill
    ... Each of these can be connected to up to two drives ... PIO mode due to windows detecting problems with read / write to the ... the HDD had dropped to PIO. ... driver for the IDE/ATAPI interface rather than the Nvidia Nforce ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: XP to Windows 7
    ... a legal Windows 7 disk and wish to install W7 on one of the drives. ... But will I still be able to boot up to these XP drives or will the ... capability of booting the cloned contents from a USB external HDD ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)