Re: "Logon Process has failed to create the security options dialog." Error Message

Phatkow, Thanks for your additional input to this thread.

My HDD is also Western Digital. My model is:

WD1600BEVS-60RSTO

As a manufacturer myself I know that one always tries to use the same
components in different models of your product when possible. This
allows you to buy them in larger quantities and helps to simplify
inventory and purchasing, etc.

I wonder if there is a single component that is common to different
Western Digital drives that is failing - perhaps a proprietary IC. It
would be interesting to hear from others who have experienced this
problem what the make and model of their Hard Disk drive is. Some have
volunteered that information already and I can't remember anyone naming
other than Western Digital - but I'll go back now and check. It's also
useful to remember that Western Digital supplies very many Hard Drives
to the OEM market - possibly the great majority - so that could just be
a coincidence.

--
Banjoguy
.