Re: Slow and sluggish

"Chris B." <ChrisB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:49EF252B-3BFB-4D47-86F0-8A1FA7882891@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just bought a new HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, 3GB of RAM and a
AMD Turion x2 Dual Core Mobile ZM-80. It is connected to the ADSL wirelessly
via a router. I have turned off the trial version of Norton and am now
relying on Windows Defender to protect my system. I don't have any programs

Is anybody else having this problem? Is Vista just really slow?

For example, Windows Mail takes forever to open and when you ask for a new
message to be created the new message window opens quickly but there no no
"type" for about 15-30 seconds and I can't do any typing. It is also very
slow at sending mail.

Hoping someone can help.

Control Panel > Performance Information > Advanced Tools..

Run through some of the processes to determine what is happening..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: Slow and sluggish
    ... via a router. ... Windows Mail takes forever to open and when you ask for a new ... message to be created the new message window opens quickly but there no no ...
  • Slow and sluggish
    ... Just bought a new HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, ... relying on Windows Defender to protect my system. ... Windows Mail takes forever to open and when you ask for a new ... message to be created the new message window opens quickly but there no no ...
    ... block my ip address vista windows ... change public ip address linksys router ... setting up a network ip address ... warcraft server ip address ...
    (sci.misc)
  • >>>> LOG INTO <<<<
    ... Ip Refreshed Cannot Log Into Myspace ... Cannot Log Into Windows Nt ... How To Log Into Linksys Router ... Cant Log Into Yahoo Games Site ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • Re: i recieve a message telling me to verify my Server. My server is Roadrunner (cfl.rr.com)
    ... Windows Mail is not a part of Windows 7. ... An unknown error has occurred! ... fix for this soon. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)