Re: Slow and sluggish

"Chris B." <ChrisB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:49EF252B-3BFB-4D47-86F0-8A1FA7882891@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just bought a new HP Laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium, 3GB of RAM and a
AMD Turion x2 Dual Core Mobile ZM-80. It is connected to the ADSL wirelessly
via a router. I have turned off the trial version of Norton and am now
relying on Windows Defender to protect my system. I don't have any programs

Is anybody else having this problem? Is Vista just really slow?

For example, Windows Mail takes forever to open and when you ask for a new
message to be created the new message window opens quickly but there no no
"type" for about 15-30 seconds and I can't do any typing. It is also very
slow at sending mail.

Hoping someone can help.

Control Panel > Performance Information > Advanced Tools..

Run through some of the processes to determine what is happening..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..