Re: VISTA Error Message while using EasyCleaner

Thank you!
i'll check those out.

Tom B.

"SIW2" wrote:

Tom B.;852132 Wrote:
Whenever I run the Temp Internet Files clean in EasyCleaner, at the end
of
the process, when you would normally delete all temp files, I get this
error
message. It's sort of an error message/dialog box.
The title bar reads "Microsoft Windows".
The main message reads, "Easycleaner executable has stopped working."
Below that it goes on and on with "A problem caused by.... blah blah
blah"
At the bottom, is a CANCEL button. That is ALL YOU CAN DO IS PRESS
THAT
CANCEL BUTTON, AND all your scan time has been for NOTHING! The
software then
shuts down! It's maddening.
I first unchecked the box in User Accounts for UAC before I ran it. I
installed the software as Administrator. I right clicked on EasyCleaner
icon
and RUN as Administrator, BUT every time I run EasyCleaner on my
friend's
laptop, who is running VISTA, at the very END of the Temp Internet
Folder
scan, just at the point where you would delete all the Unnecessary
files
found, I get this freaking Windows Vista ERROR MESSAGE!
It's her first time ever running EasyCleaner and she always has about
12,000
Unnecessary files in her Temp Internet folder. I've tried this numerous
times
and the same thing happens every time.
Like I said, I unchecked the UAC box and I ran as Administrator, and I
still
get that error message!
What is the deal? How can I get rid of those damn Temp files? I've used
the
built in Disc Cleanup feature, and that does not get rid of even a
third of
them.
It only seems to happen with the Temp Internet files part of EC, but
not
with any of the other files such as Normal Types, Extra Types, Temp
Directories, etc...
I can't even seem to browse to the actual folder by using the
pathname.
What is the backdoor fix on this?
A little help here would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Might not seem a direct answer, but I tried Easycleaner on Vista x64 a
while ago and couldn't seem to get it to work properly.

You might like to have a look at Cleanafterme which is a tiny free
app. from

'CleanAfterMe - Clean Registry entries and files in your system'
(http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/clean_after_me.html)

or if it's something you would like to set up for your friend - who
can then just run it without changing the settings - Wisediskcleaner
free should do the job

'WiseCleaner.com - Downloads'
(http://www.wisecleaner.com/download.html)

Hope that helps