Re: MSVBVM50.dll Problem

This solve the problem for me thank you.
I extracted it to desktop, copied it to the download folder and install the
program that was there.
Thanks a lot!

"dean-dean" wrote:

Try downloading MSVBVM50.CAB to your desktop, double-click on MSVBVM50.CAB,
then drag msvbvm50.dll out of the MSVBVM50.CAB "folder" to your desktop.
Right-click on msvbvm50.dll, choose Cut, and Paste it into the same folder
as the .exe file (program) that needs it.

"Naturewoman" <Naturewoman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am having the same problem. I downloaded the MSVBVM50.dll file but can't
seem to extract it. I don't have a C:\Program
Files\ MyProgram, so tried to extract it into Vista's
C:\WINDOWS\system32\,
but a window showed saying "access denied". Any help will be apreciated!
Thanks.

"dean-dean" wrote:

If you have access to a computer running Windows XP, you can Copy the
file
msvbvm50.dll from C:\WINDOWS\system32\, and Paste it into the same folder
as
the program's .exe file that requires it, for example, put it in
C:\Program
Files\ MyProgram, if the MyProgram folder contains MyProgram.exe. It
shouldn't have to be put in Vista's C:\WINDOWS\system32\...

If you don't have access to an XP computer, go to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172991/EN-US/ , and download
http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/vb5/MSVBVM50.CAB . You can then
extract the file from msvbvm50.cab, and place in the folder as noted
above.

"KillerK" <KillerK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi there,
I have just installed a program and everytime I try to run it, I get an
error saying that MSVBVM50.dll is required. I do not know what that is.
Is
there anyway I can get the program to run? I have already tried
compatibility
mode but that does not seem to help.

Thanks!

  • Re: (KB928366) Failing
    ... This will extract the file 'netfx.exe' to your C:temp directory. ... Back to "My Computer" and locate your temp folder on your hard ... You should now be able to install the Microsoft Update ... I got the patch to work by downloading the dotnetfx.exe as Rudolph suggested ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Service project doesnt install using VS 2005
    ... go to the folder where the exe file is created(in the debug or release ... folder of the project) using Visual Studio .Net 2005 Command Prompt. ... Hopefully this should install the service. ...
  • Re: Problems after SBS_SP1
    ... just the folder and a compressed file.. ... >> We need to extract SBS SP1 installation folders, ... >> Integrated setup program to the folder for the 'SP1 CD3' contents. ... >> install process without cleaning up the extracted files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • =?Utf-8?Q?Re:_Tricky_.dbxs=C2=B4...?=
    ... The only program that might get the messages is DBXpress. ... Only it has the extract from disk function (you wasted your money on the other programs. ... going back to Local Folder view, ... I copied whatever dbx files File Scavenger could dig out, ...
  • Re: deploy window application
    ... folder. ... "Samuel Shulman" wrote: ... So if .Net 2.0 install on destination PC, just copy app's .exe file ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)