Re: Chkdsk

ssapounas wrote:
I am currently running Vista Home Edition, and when I went to back up I
got an error messgage that said something in the effect of corrupt
operating system. I ran chkdsk to reveal a good bit of bad sectors,
however when I run chkdsk /f I get a message that says unable to lock
drive. Anyone have any suggesstions?

Scott:sick:

Go to ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES and then You will see the COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Then in the new screen type

CHKDSK /R/F

When it says "Do you want to schedule this at next start', tap the Y key and enter.
Then reboot to restart as normal and now CHKDSK runs. Go and have a few beers, it takes a while and it reboots at the end with everything fixed

Frenchy

.