Re: Chkdsk

ssapounas wrote:
I am currently running Vista Home Edition, and when I went to back up I
got an error messgage that said something in the effect of corrupt
operating system. I ran chkdsk to reveal a good bit of bad sectors,
however when I run chkdsk /f I get a message that says unable to lock
drive. Anyone have any suggesstions?

Go to ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES and then You will see the COMMAND PROMPT. Right click on it and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Then in the new screen type

When it says "Do you want to schedule this at next start', tap the Y key and enter.
Then reboot to restart as normal and now CHKDSK runs. Go and have a few beers, it takes a while and it reboots at the end with everything fixed