Chkdsk

I am currently running Vista Home Edition, and when I went to back up I
got an error messgage that said something in the effect of corrupt
operating system. I ran chkdsk to reveal a good bit of bad sectors,
however when I run chkdsk /f I get a message that says unable to lock
drive. Anyone have any suggesstions?

Scott:sick:

--
ssapounas

  • Re: Master File Table corrupt/Defrag/Chkdsk /r
    ... Unless you're parsing the meaning of "corrupt MFT" differently than I am ... > 1) If you don't have Perfect Disk from Raxco or Disk Keeper (the full ... > 2) Then I'd try to run a chkdsk /r. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Chkdsk Failing to Start
    ... Another problem has now popped-up: ... Explorer History folder is apparently corrupt. ... I do not know which services are required to run chkdsk. ... Error Message: The File or Directory Is Corrupt... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Corrupt WINDOWSSYSTEM32CONFIGSYSTEM Data Loss
    ... Further to my last message to you, I have just run chkdsk c: ... Many XP startup error message with no boot situations report missing ... or corrupt files and in spite of what the message says, ... then you should boot into the P Recovery Console and verify ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP Home Version Reinstall
    ... Running Turbo Tax should have nothing o do with corrupt XP files. ... directly from the XP CDROM and do a CHKDSK C: ... to get help for that command. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: defrag/ error check/ Safe mode problems
    ... You need to find out whether you have a failing hard disk? ... For chkdsk to ... but \FOUND.002 was the "corrupt" file. ... > retried and it went to Safe Mode, but I couldn't get sysclean to run. ...