Re: Vista backup shadow copy error 0x8004230F

Did you try looking in the error log?
Search on the error code wasn't very helpful as everyone reboots to fix
it.

It's been my experience that backup software is the least likely to
work as expected. Esp. stuff that comes with the OS or HD. Try a 3rd
party program. Do research like going to the support forums for the
particular products and see which ones seem to work well on
configurations closest to what you have. You should get a good idea
after one or two days of looking around. The System Snapshot type
programs are getting cheaper. You should be able to find something good
under $50.

--
MilesAhead

"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"

  • RE: Windows XP Wont boot to Sign In screen - Black screen after Logo
    ... This could very well fix it. ... > Microsoft Antispyware doesn't find anything in it's search (It does hang the ... > I have run a registry fix program, and while it found some stuff it doesn't ... > My error log says: ...
  • Re: RPC and NT AUTHORIY/System
    ... Marc Reynolds ... Microsoft Technical Support ... > The only error log I can find is C:\windows\system32 ... > Like most people I don't speak Errorese, so anyone got any> idea what this actaully means and how I can fix it? ...
  • Re: Apache 2.x leaked descriptors
    ... this is the correct fix and easy enough to do. ... error log inheritance is a problem. ... they leak the file descriptor from acceptand the descriptor to the php ... page being executed in addition to all the other descriptors. ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Memory could not be "read"
    ... Click on CANCEL to debug the program" ... You will need to restart the program. ... An error log is being created." ... Any suggestions as to what I can do to fix this error? ...