Re: Vista backup shadow copy error 0x8004230F

Did you try looking in the error log?
Search on the error code wasn't very helpful as everyone reboots to fix
it.

It's been my experience that backup software is the least likely to
work as expected. Esp. stuff that comes with the OS or HD. Try a 3rd
party program. Do research like going to the support forums for the
particular products and see which ones seem to work well on
configurations closest to what you have. You should get a good idea
after one or two days of looking around. The System Snapshot type
programs are getting cheaper. You should be able to find something good
under $50.

--
MilesAhead

"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"
.