Re: Full PC Backup Problems

Complete PC creates a .vhd disk image file of an entire volume (drive) -
including partitioning.

However your situation is interesting - original disk layout (that which was
backed up) was dynamic - you stored the backup on an external drive - a
removeable external drive cannot be a dynamic disk, however I do not have
any knowledge as to whether or not a virtual drive existing on an external
drive can be dynamic.

I have utilized Complete PC Backup and Restore via external USB and internal
drives but in not a situation such as yours.

One of the third party utilites such as Acronis, Ghost or Partition Magic
may provide non-destructive conversion of a dynamic disk to basic.

Sorry I can't provide any assistance other than the information above. If
you solve the problem please post.

"Doopus" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

AJR:

If I understand your response, you're saying that the backup
restoration would need to be the original configuration. I didn't
change the actual drive letters, just the size of the partitions. This
is necessary to give me more free space on the C: drive, which was the
original problem. Are you saying that change the sizes of the
partitions will not work?

--
Doopus

  • Re: OT-True Image Backup
    ... Make sure the USB drives file system is NTFS and not FAT32.. ... Jaymon is correct in that the disk image you create and save to the D: ... partition of your USB external HDD will have no effect on the other ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ...
  • Re: OT-True Image Backup
    ... Make sure the USB drives file system is NTFS and not FAT32.. ... Jaymon is correct in that the disk image you create and save to the D: ... partition of your USB external HDD will have no effect on the other ... Since the disk images you will be creating (at least the initial backup ...
  • Re: Replacing Notebook Hard Drive
    ... both the disk cloning & disk imaging capabilities of the ATI program. ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ... can take to back up the entire contents of one's day-to-day working HDD, ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Acronis and new disk
    ... with using the disk copying/disk cloning programs such as the MaxBlast ... contents of your 40 GB HDD to your new 120 GB HDD rather than creating a ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Need help backing up my C: drive
    ... I tried using Windows' backup and restore which works for important data ... consider a disk imaging program such as ... Acronis True Image to clone the contents of your day-to-day working HDD onto ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)