Re: Full PC Backup Problems
- From: "AJR" <ajrjdr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:04:41 -0400
Complete PC creates a .vhd disk image file of an entire volume (drive) -
However your situation is interesting - original disk layout (that which was
backed up) was dynamic - you stored the backup on an external drive - a
removeable external drive cannot be a dynamic disk, however I do not have
any knowledge as to whether or not a virtual drive existing on an external
drive can be dynamic.
I have utilized Complete PC Backup and Restore via external USB and internal
drives but in not a situation such as yours.
One of the third party utilites such as Acronis, Ghost or Partition Magic
may provide non-destructive conversion of a dynamic disk to basic.
Sorry I can't provide any assistance other than the information above. If
you solve the problem please post.
"Doopus" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
If I understand your response, you're saying that the backup
restoration would need to be the original configuration. I didn't
change the actual drive letters, just the size of the partitions. This
is necessary to give me more free space on the C: drive, which was the
original problem. Are you saying that change the sizes of the
partitions will not work?
- Prev by Date: Re: Vista screen is not showing anything!
- Next by Date: Re: Incremental backups = full hard disk drive (sooner or later)
- Previous by thread: Re: Full PC Backup Problems
- Next by thread: Re: Full PC Backup Problems