Re: SSD or Raptor to make Vista more spritely?

The Raptors are probably the best bang for the buck when it comes to SSD vs. Raptors. The SSD's can be fast, but in some benchmarks the Raptors are faster. And the cost/performance ratio is better with the Raptor.

Good luck! And, yes, it is a huge difference once you get them installed and compare the speeds (loading OS, loading games, etc.).

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Kris" <a@xxxxx> wrote in message news:1h807m357t3tc.dlg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Would put Vista on 32gb SSD (13gb out of 25gb)(Patriot or OCZ, probably) or
on WD Raptor (75gb or whatever)

page is currently on a different drive from opsys.

tia!

--
Kris

  • Re: Hard drives for SW purposes
    ... CAD users and aren't familiar with the work flow of SW. ... I see one guy there talking about how he is returning raptors because they ... If you are happy to pay a premium price for high specs what about SSD ... drives - however what does that mean to a SW jockey actually? ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: WD raptor failures
    ... Are others experiencing this massive failure rate with the WD ... I'd look toward whether the drives are running hot, ... I've had a few Raptors over the years and never been particularly ... (Currently I've got a Crucial M225 SSD, Velociraptor, and a WD Black ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)