Re: SSD or Raptor to make Vista more spritely?

32GB is pretty tight. I bought 150GB Raptors. I just built this box
just a few months ago. I have been careful most of the time to store
large files on non-os drives, but before I knew it I had used 65GB on
the OS drive. Get the Raptors so you don't have to watch your drive
usage like a hawk.

--
breitak67

  • Re: OT: Do Spitfires fly over Silverstodge?
    ... The Arrow was a wonderful plane but completely useless. ... There was simply no need to destroy them to prevent them being built. ... Raptors aren't going to get built. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • Re: OT for the computer geeks...
    ... I'm definitely thinking the Raptors would be good and your the ... with RAID 0/1 support and the Nvidia chipset for a low price. ... Hard drives: Spend a little more and get WD Raptor drives. ... I'm not a gamer so I did not drop a bunch of money on a DX10 card. ...
    (rec.windsurfing)
  • Re: Computer for recording guitar
    ... Like I said I suggested various prices and also suggested raptors for speed. ... was just a suggestion on how cheap they are. ... You could store a kazillion songs on two 36g drives but silly to do that.. ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • SATA - Drive size performance question
    ... Several weeks ago I also purchased two 75 gig WD Raptors ... up to 4 SATA drives for RAID 0 as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: SATA RAID recommendations
    ... A large HD cache helps to increase HD performance by speculatively reading ... RAID using SCSI has an inherent flaw if using a single SCSI port. ... The WD Raptors are SCSI-class HD with a SATA-I interface, ... Ok, I re-read your post, and if you want to use a pair of PATA drives ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)