Re: how to delete old backup information?

Thanks a big bunch for the pointers, looks like what I need!

Michael

"Mike" <lagunasrfr@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eSoI#T$IJHA.4600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
See if this helps: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/160295-back-up-files-reset-last-backup-listing.html

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OM7FZ6lIJHA.1160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Home Premium SP1.
Using Backup and Restore to DVD-RW
I create a full (file) backup and then incremental ones until I have a dozen or so DVDs then I create another full backup.
I keep two such sets, overwriting DVDs as needed.
Question comes as how to delete the information about what is on the sets that no longer exist. If I do an advanced restore and ask for restore from older backup on this computer (with show more than 30 days checked), I get a very long list including those DVD's that no longer exist. There must be some way to remove that information but it is not obvious to me!

Any pointers appreciated.

Michael

.