Re: how to delete old backup information?

Thanks a big bunch for the pointers, looks like what I need!

Michael

"Mike" <lagunasrfr@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eSoI#T$IJHA.4600@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
See if this helps: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/160295-back-up-files-reset-last-backup-listing.html

"Michael Walraven" <mexxwalraven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OM7FZ6lIJHA.1160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vista Home Premium SP1.
Using Backup and Restore to DVD-RW
I create a full (file) backup and then incremental ones until I have a dozen or so DVDs then I create another full backup.
I keep two such sets, overwriting DVDs as needed.
Question comes as how to delete the information about what is on the sets that no longer exist. If I do an advanced restore and ask for restore from older backup on this computer (with show more than 30 days checked), I get a very long list including those DVD's that no longer exist. There must be some way to remove that information but it is not obvious to me!

Any pointers appreciated.

Michael

  • Backup and Restore Files
    ... What is the best way to backup and restore a runtime database file? ... pszDisplayName As String ...
  • Re: [opensuse] About Backing Up
    ... there is a data failure we can restore. ... the restoration is to get the backup file that we first complete as it ... failure, physical destruction, or it has been half inched. ... Other data should be archived to media. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: XP System Backup. ASR No floppy drive
    ... My own choice would be to install a fresh copy of Windows and then run restore using that. ... hoping to use System Tool Backup to create ASR. ... but says Invalid or damaged bootable partition when I ... The KB actually discusses which USB CD drives that the XP ...
  • Re: Exchange in Recovery Mode
    ... On the backup SBS server, did you restore Mailbox Store from backup ... After Mailbox Store was restored, ... Create a Recovery Storage Group. ... Restore the backup to Recovery Storage Group with NTbackup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Computer problem, need help
    ... >>> defining the three levels of backup and recovery. ... >>> has been corrupted, use backup and restore. ... >>hard drives and a reliable backup utility like Ghost. ... doesn't work I use my preferred backup utility, ...
    (soc.retirement)