Working with files and folders is painful

When i try to work on files or folders, the Vista always makes the cursor busy. It's always doing something. The green bar on the address bar is always starting from the beginning and moves to the end whenever i try to do something in the folder. And the mouse cursor is always busy. Even moving a folder is a slow and hard task. I turned off indexing. But Vista always tries to do something on the disk. Why is it so difficult to work on a file or in a folder? What is it doing? I didn't understand it. If there's a way to stop this or cancel that future that slows the operations, please show me the way to cancel it.

  • external hard drive problem
    ... In my photo folder I copied 625 out of 650 files. ... When trying to copy the rest of the files my computer locks up. ... Also when I open this folder across the top of computer window where it says G:\Photo Album there is a green bar like a download bar that goes across from left to right. ...
  • Re: Working with files and folders is painful
    ... Try turning the indexing back on. ... The green bar on the address bar is always starting from the beginning and moves to the end whenever i try to do something in the folder. ... If there's a way to stop this or cancel that future that slows the operations, please show me the way to cancel it. ...
  • Re: filename is too long or contains illegal caracters
    ... I have been working with Microsoft Publisher Support about this problem ... can drag and drop my files onto the web site. ... which version of Vista are you using? ... Do you upload to a particular folder ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: filename is too long or contains illegal caracters
    ... which version of Vista are you using? ... past told me they don't know anything about Publisher). ... Do you upload to a particular folder on ... Per you suggestion, I tried to Add a Network Location in "Computer", ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: filename is too long or contains illegal caracters
    ... Do you upload to a particular folder on your ... Per you suggestion, I tried to Add a Network Location in "Computer", but I ... The only difference is Vista. ... Open Publisher & create & save in normal way. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)