Working with files and folders is painful

When i try to work on files or folders, the Vista always makes the cursor busy. It's always doing something. The green bar on the address bar is always starting from the beginning and moves to the end whenever i try to do something in the folder. And the mouse cursor is always busy. Even moving a folder is a slow and hard task. I turned off indexing. But Vista always tries to do something on the disk. Why is it so difficult to work on a file or in a folder? What is it doing? I didn't understand it. If there's a way to stop this or cancel that future that slows the operations, please show me the way to cancel it.

.