Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

Hi Guys,

I was just browsing to find out what the hell RegBack was as my HDD was
going mad.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 on a custom built rig so I dont think
it is anything to do with you guys having HP machines.

Mine only takes about 5 mins to run though. Not hours like you guys
said although my system is heavily overclocked.

Try backing up all your media and doing a fresh installation of Vista.
It sounds like your registries are full of rubish from having Vista
installed for too long without a good clean-up.
Alternatively, try installing a good reg clean-up tool.

The more rubbish and the more fragmented your registry becomes, the
slower Windows and regback will run.

--
AlanX
AlanX's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/alanx.htm