Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

Hi Guys,

I was just browsing to find out what the hell RegBack was as my HDD was
going mad.

I'm running Vista Home Premium 64 on a custom built rig so I dont think
it is anything to do with you guys having HP machines.

Mine only takes about 5 mins to run though. Not hours like you guys
said although my system is heavily overclocked.

Try backing up all your media and doing a fresh installation of Vista.
It sounds like your registries are full of rubish from having Vista
installed for too long without a good clean-up.
Alternatively, try installing a good reg clean-up tool.

The more rubbish and the more fragmented your registry becomes, the
slower Windows and regback will run.

--
AlanX
AlanX's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/alanx.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Want a HowTo for multibooting two or more Vista versions
    ... The use of XOSL removes the need for each Vista installation to have its own ... logical partitions. ... I have not actually read the license text in these folders, ...
  • Re: Vista Corrupted To Near Unusability -- No Recovery Disks
    ... I like Ubuntu and in fact use it on this machine at work because to use my MVP award of Windows at work would IMHO be illegal. ... However I have tried W 7 and it is much leaner and cleaner than Vista so I can't quite agree that is is simply a trimmed down Vista, I believe there have been significant coding changes. ... I have been pleased with Vista HomePrem: unlike any previous Win installation I used, it ran for more than 2 years without any need for a clean install. ... No solution found at this time, but I may likely post what I eventually do, and that may not involve HP sending me the recovery CDs which I want because of what appears to be a flawed business model. ...
  • asus a8v-vm se mobo
    ... If u are trying to install vista or win7 it is not compatiable OS. ... it uses a realtech driver which keeps getting replace, ... Re: vista sound driver problem ... starts the installation, and choose Properties. ...
  • Re: OT: Office 2007 installation warning
    ... Subject: OT: Office 2007 installation warning ... Have installed a dozen Vista setups, from Home to Ultimate, both in X32 ... After upgrading it, no more problems in the last two months (it is my ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
    (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... PMTU discovery is some means that TCP uses to set the MTU packet size (when ... I have commited this machine to Vista now and will continue using my old XP ... Have conducted another bare metal Vista installation and installed the WMI ... > I still have my old laptop working OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)