Re: More svchost.exe trouble. UAC specific.

Regarding :
"> OK, so process explorer shows me which instances of svchost.exe are
giving me > trouble. Generally, it is two/three of them....,"

Svchost itself does not cause problems - it is a "host" for services
required by an application and one instamce of svchost may include several.

Process Explorer will indicate instances of svchost running and applicable
CPU usage - however you need to determine which service being hosted is at
fault - Process Explorer has that capability.

"Dobbo" <Dobbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
OK, so process explorer shows me which instances of svchost.exe are giving
me
trouble. Generally, it is two/three of them. I don't have any problems
until I connect to the internet, but then CPU hits 100% shared between
these
two/three. I am then unable to connect. Afterwards, CPU drops down to
normal levels but I am not connected. I tried suspending the offending
svchost.exe (s) but that does not help. Killing them sounds severe.
Without
understanding which .dll file does what etc, I am not happy about
suspending
these individually.

I have set up a new user which runs fine. The two original users (one
being
admin), I have trouble.

I am up to date on antivirus etc. I have ran Malware checks and even
scoured process explorer for possible Malware. All to no avail.

All other post regarding svchost.exe are interesting but don't seem to
apply.

Ideas?

PS. Vista 32
--