Re: More svchost.exe trouble. UAC specific.

Regarding :
"> OK, so process explorer shows me which instances of svchost.exe are
giving me > trouble. Generally, it is two/three of them....,"

Svchost itself does not cause problems - it is a "host" for services
required by an application and one instamce of svchost may include several.

Process Explorer will indicate instances of svchost running and applicable
CPU usage - however you need to determine which service being hosted is at
fault - Process Explorer has that capability.

"Dobbo" <Dobbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
OK, so process explorer shows me which instances of svchost.exe are giving
me
trouble. Generally, it is two/three of them. I don't have any problems
until I connect to the internet, but then CPU hits 100% shared between
these
two/three. I am then unable to connect. Afterwards, CPU drops down to
normal levels but I am not connected. I tried suspending the offending
svchost.exe (s) but that does not help. Killing them sounds severe.
Without
understanding which .dll file does what etc, I am not happy about
suspending
these individually.

I have set up a new user which runs fine. The two original users (one
being
admin), I have trouble.

I am up to date on antivirus etc. I have ran Malware checks and even
scoured process explorer for possible Malware. All to no avail.

All other post regarding svchost.exe are interesting but don't seem to
apply.

Ideas?

PS. Vista 32
--
Dobbo

  • Re: Svchost problem
    ... The information Process Explorer displays in its main window is fully configurable. ... i have noticed after the svchost stops hogging the CPU its uses ... IE7 uses bout jsut over 50k with 2 tabs and svchost ... that much physical RAM then you've got problems with Startups & ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: svchost consuming CPU even after boot-up
    ... but - I'm still seeing the CPU usage. ... Process Explorer provides more information than Task ... To ascertain which service is causing the problem select the svchost ...
  • Re: SVCHOST 100% CPU - Process hog wuaueng.dll
    ... In the interim, when it pegged, I killed the capture agent, but the CPU load ... post back with the list of processes running in that instance of svchost. ... Process explorer shows the guilty SVCHOST ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to prevent SVCHOST.EXE from taking over 100% of CPU!?
    ... | Frank D wrote: ... || running and how much of the CPU it's using) and takes over my entire PC ... | The main obstacle here is that every active svchost process runs ... | the name of a svchost in Process Explorer, it will give you a popup ...
  • Re: svchost consuming CPU even after boot-up
    ... Try Ctrl+Alt+Delete to select Task Manager and click the Performance ... What is your CPU processor speed? ... Process Explorer provides more information than Task ... It would be helpful if you could post the Command Line of the svchost ...