Re: Sp1

t-4-2, the 1st application to disable is your anti-virus before installing SP1.
You are using Avast? Once install completed, and all(there are a few)
reboots finish, it will be restarted.

snip...

FWIW, I've never disabled my AV during service pack installations. In my case SP1 failed the first time because of an incompatible sound driver. But if we're going to advise him to disable his AV shouldn't we also suggest that he disconnect his computer from the internet during the install?

  • Re: [SLE] Mouse problems in 9.2
    ... modules/drivers/settings, etc., I highly recommend you just install a ... by either SuSE or my fall-back Win98SE. ... sensor or some supporting circuitry had failed. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Great!!! - Re: Partition and Dual Boot MkII (longish)
    ... which Run *before* windoze Running. ... do *far* better to Install something like the Industry Standard ... CD is to ccheck that you *can* actually Boot your PC up OK, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: XP footprint on the new class of ultra low cost PCs
    ... I am Technology Director of a public charter school in Massachusetts, ... I configured Office to install on the D: ... The folder is currently ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Techy Q?s...
    ... & it really shouldn't matter what the actual Internet Connection is? ... Can I install PCguard on all the computers in my home network? ... The way I deal with spam may not suit everybody. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: SFC Question
    ... Yesterday I ran SFC and it wanted my install CD to restore ... some system files back to the original. ... Will doing so eliminate all my tweaks <SNIP> ... When you install a service pack or a hotfix, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)