"Open with..." command problems

Hi everybody!

I have problems with "Open with..." in the windows explorer, I had a
previous version of a Structural Analisys software and for ease I made that
the type of files that the software generate were apened by double click in
the explorer by "open with" command. Now I updated the software, but it was
installed in an other folder and the older versión was unistalled, next I
tried to apply "open with" again but windows assign adobe acrobat...??, I
thought my mistake, an tried again but in the windows explorer allway
appears the same thing, the icon for the file never chage, it appear like
acrobat reader file type. The file extension is FILE.SDB

Does exist some trick to remedy this issue, and to force the explorer to
open the rigth application for this file type?

I appreciate some help.

Thank you very much

Carlos V.

  • RE: Word Docs not opening from a Listing link
    ... want to open directly without this warning message, ... "Confirm open after Download" option for the file type in Windows Explorer. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Jpg. where have you gone??
    ... How do I view the jpg files? ... file type from within Windows Explorer. ... both jpeg and jpg and the pictures popped up fine. ... file" dialogue box from the "file type" dropdown box. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Jpg. where have you gone??
    ... file type from within Windows Explorer. ... both jpeg and jpg and the pictures popped up fine. ... file" dialogue box from the "file type" dropdown box. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: "Open with..." command problems
    ... Carlos Villaseñor M.;849291 Wrote: ... previous version of a Structural Analisys software and for ease I made ... an tried again but in the windows explorer allway ... open the rigth application for this file type? ...
  • Re: How do I change the "File type" back to the defaul?
    ... which included Omnipage SE as its scanner handler. ... at least in my Windows Explorer listings. ... listed properly in both Explorer and File Types again as GIF File or ... the default may have taken over when I removed the Omnipage file type. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)