Re: WMP 11 - Photo Gallery sound skipping issues

Nigel,

I was unable to find any of the settings you mentioned. I found Audio DSP
or something similar, but there was nothing on for that. Any other
suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

"barman58" wrote:

Tim;848484 Wrote:
Hi,

When I have music playing in wmp 11 and I browse through pictures in
the
photo gallery, the sound skips pretty bad and the computer lags a bit
trying
to display the pictures.

I was already having some other sound issues and I disabled all
enhancements
in the sound properties. It is a Dell e1505 laptop with Sigmatel HD
Audio.
Disabling all enhancements fixed my other issue (ventrilo acting all
weird)
but did nothing for this.

Computer specs are.. C2D t7200, 2gig ram, radeon x1400, sigmatel hd
audio.
Vista home premium SP1.

Has anyone experienced this or have a solution?
Thanks in advance,
Tim

Hi tim,
when you disabled all the enhancements did this include those in WMP11
or just the ones relating to the sound driver? have seen the sound
quality bug in a few systems now and have found that on some machines
you have to disable the WMP11 enhancement [equaliser, etc.] or the
Driver related ones, and on some machines only disabling both will cure
the problem.

not much but may help I hope

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert

.