Re: Kill process

Ristar wrote:
hmm... i didnt know about that..

anyway, im using Firefox 3.0.3.. im one of those that likes to keep stuff updated.

using Task Manager, firefox.exe is listed under Processes.

im running pretty "cleanly", i think, considering that this laptop isnt the brightest bulb in the block...

my current processes are (using Process Explorer): under wininit.exe, a few svchost.exe, drivers for audio, VMware stuff, mdm.exe, antivirus, zone alarm stuff, and the usual stuff...

for those under explorer.exe... other than the usual stuff like Windows Defender, Audio ctrl panel, antivirus, synaptics touchpad, VM Hqtray i have:

zlclient.exe
teatimer.exe
msnmsgr.exe

Sorry, I see I had a typo in the latest Firefox version, it is 3.0.3.

Teatimer is part of Spybot Search and destroy. I am not saying it is the cause, but I would try uninstalling that part or running with that part killed and see if Firefox still hangs. With other AV stuff on board, it is probably a good idea to just run Spybot as a stand alone, say once a week and then close it down, rather than it scanning all the time.

I would really recommend you download Autoruns, it is free and will show you EVERYTHING that is starting and running.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Frenchy

  • Re: Kill process
    ... anyway, im using Firefox 3.0.3.. ... using Task Manager, ... Defender, Audio ctrl panel, antivirus, synaptics touchpad, VM Hqtray i have: ...
  • Re: Kill process
    ... well, i have no problem with disabling the auto startup for teatimer, if that ... anyway, im using Firefox 3.0.3.. ... Defender, Audio ctrl panel, antivirus, synaptics touchpad, VM Hqtray i have: ... Teatimer is part of Spybot Search and destroy. ...
  • Re: Entourage 2008 Crashing - Need Help - Tried Usual fixes
    ... It looks like Firefox might be part of the problem. ... The Exchange MTA service on a Windows 2000 server ... If you can't get a fix from your antivirus vendor, ... Try running Entourage without other ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: OT - Malware experience
    ... Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:11:27 ... Destroy came up with 1,401 malware programs and/or tracking cookies. ... cleaned up, installed a Hosts manager, Firefox and Opera. ...
    (alt.html)
  • Something is driving CPU Usage up to 100%
    ... I have XP and something has been crashing my Firefox. ... I even ran it with no antivirus. ... I tried reinstalling FF and Flash too. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)