Re: Kill process

hmm... i didnt know about that..

anyway, im using Firefox 3.0.3.. im one of those that likes to keep stuff
updated.

using Task Manager, firefox.exe is listed under Processes.

im running pretty "cleanly", i think, considering that this laptop isnt the
brightest bulb in the block...

my current processes are (using Process Explorer):
under wininit.exe, a few svchost.exe, drivers for audio, VMware stuff,
mdm.exe, antivirus, zone alarm stuff, and the usual stuff...

for those under explorer.exe... other than the usual stuff like Windows
Defender, Audio ctrl panel, antivirus, synaptics touchpad, VM Hqtray i have:

zlclient.exe
teatimer.exe
msnmsgr.exe

  • Re: Kill process
    ... other than the usual stuff like Windows Defender, Audio ctrl panel, antivirus, synaptics touchpad, VM Hqtray i have: ... Teatimer is part of Spybot Search and destroy. ... I am not saying it is the cause, but I would try uninstalling that part or running with that part killed and see if Firefox still hangs. ...
  • Re: Entourage 2008 Crashing - Need Help - Tried Usual fixes
    ... It looks like Firefox might be part of the problem. ... The Exchange MTA service on a Windows 2000 server ... If you can't get a fix from your antivirus vendor, ... Try running Entourage without other ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: computer is slow, why??
    ... If CPU usage is contantly high, use the XP task manager to find what process ... If not necessary/useful, then terminate them via the XP task manager. ... some antivirus programs run 24/7 scanning every file ...
  • Re: Admin - task manager
    ... antivirus, but can be a helpful quick double-check]. ... > longer allow me to access the task manager. ... > manager has been disabled by your administrator pops up. ... > system restore but this just hangs before failing to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)