Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

Banjo200;847985 Wrote:
I have my (2) 500GB drives set up for RAID 0, so if 1 drive fails the
other takes over. I wonder if this could be part of the problem

I do not have 2 drives and RAID 0. I have a 750GB drive only.

Just got a reply from HP. I'm not sure if they are addressing the
actual issue. It looks more like general performance troubleshooting but
I plan to give it a try and see what happens Saturday. Here's what they
wrote me:

Thank you for contacting HP Total Care.
From your email I see that, the performance of the HP Pavilion Elite
m9350f Desktop PC is very low.
I greatly appreciate that you have forwarded your concerns and have
given me a chance to assist you with this matter. I will certainly
assist you in this regard.
Daniel, I can understand such issues with the new PC can be very
upsetting. To resolve this issue, I request you install the below
updates.
1. Windows Vista hot fix. Please visit the below HP URL to download and
install the fix:
'_ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL24606/pv-63296-1/sp37542.exe_'
(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL24606/pv-63296-1/sp37542.exe)
Installation Instructions
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES
to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and
then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update,
click YES and allow system to restart.
2. After installing the Vista hot fix, please visit the below HP URL to
download and install the Video driver update:
'_ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL23991/pv-62013-1/sp37520.exe_'
(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL23991/pv-62013-1/sp37520.exe)
Installation Instructions
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES
to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and
then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update,
click YES and allow system to restart.
3. After installing the video driver, please visit the below HP URL to
download and install the BIOS update:
'_ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL24178/pv-62411-1/sp37533.exe_'
(ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL24178/pv-62411-1/sp37533.exe)
Installation Instructions
1. Click the Download Only button.
2. At the File Download screen, click the Save button.
3. At the Save As screen, save the file to your Desktop.
4. If a message appears stating that the file already exists, click YES
to overwrite file.
5. Double-click the icon for the update downloaded to your desktop, and
then click NEXT.
6. Follow on-screen instructions.
7. If prompted to restart the system upon completion of the update,
click YES and allow system to restart.
After installing the above updates, please perform the steps provided
in the below HP URL. Instead of providing information in a text format,
we are referring you to the web site where the information is explained
with graphics and hyperlinks. I am sure this should be helpful to you.
The link is:
'_http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00815926&dlc=en_'
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c00815926&dlc=en)
NOTE: Clicking the link may give an error indicating it is invalid. If
this occurs, copy the portion of the address on the remaining line(S)
and paste it at the end of the address showing in your browser until the
complete address is displayed in the Address box.
I believe the above steps should increase the system performance. If
you find any difficulty in performing the steps or for further
assistance, please reply to this message and would be here round the
clock to serve you.
For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running,
please visit our Web site at:
'_http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare_' (http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare)

--
Janx

  • Re: please assist
    ... And also when i finally get into windows and just doing regular tasks as ... If you removed any softwares in step 7, restart computer. ... and Windows will want to install video card graphics drivers, ... then download the file to your ...
  • RE: please assist
    ... And also when i finally get into windows and just doing regular tasks as ... If you removed any softwares in step 7, restart computer. ... From this CD/DVD, install ... Select the language you want, then download the file to your computer, ...
  • RE: please assist
    ... And also when i finally get into windows and just doing regular tasks as ... If you removed any softwares in step 7, restart computer. ... From this CD/DVD, install ... Select the language you want, then download the file to your computer, ...
  • Re: update installation failure of the .net 2.0 update
    ... Click NO the prompt to restart now. ... Visit Windows Update via the Start Menu link or open IE and click Tools, ... Then head over to the MS Download Center once more and download and save ... Move them to the DotNet folder and install them from there *in the order ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error while Installing Rollup 2
    ... The first time I went to install rollup2 I made sure I didn't have ... > then I downloaded Rollup2 and the update to that after a restart. ... Now download and install rollup 2 and make sure you leave ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)