Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

Sifi;847906 Wrote:
So I made an error with my PC...

It started it when I restarted my PC and a popup keeps coming up saying
that something like "Cannot detect the shell23 fiel. Re-installing it
would help"

And nothing shows up but a blank black screen--I can't even access my
documents or files or anything! Other things such as "Task Manager"
popped up saying that it stopped working.

I also tried restoring those files with the USB but like I said, no
windows would open. Just...a big fat black screen staring back at me.

Help ?

I'd suggest starting with repairing the system files. There are also
links to other repairs as well:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/66978-system-files-sfc-command.html

Let us know if that works for you.

--