Re: Need help with reinstalling system files such as shell

Sifi;847906 Wrote:
So I made an error with my PC...

It started it when I restarted my PC and a popup keeps coming up saying
that something like "Cannot detect the shell23 fiel. Re-installing it
would help"

And nothing shows up but a blank black screen--I can't even access my
documents or files or anything! Other things such as "Task Manager"
popped up saying that it stopped working.

I also tried restoring those files with the USB but like I said, no
windows would open. Just...a big fat black screen staring back at me.

Help ?

I'd suggest starting with repairing the system files. There are also
links to other repairs as well:

Let us know if that works for you.

_[image:] (\"\";)_
_*::Vista_Forums::* (\"\";)_
'Geekbench Score: 4031'
_CPU-Z (\"\";)_

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Kernel Update recoveries ?
    ... All I am just saying is that re-installing is not something bad, ... I even broke things on ... purpose to see how a repair would work. ... I keep saying that reinstalling is not against my religion. ...
  • Re: G.M.T. Friday 18th May 2007
    ... Sorry about the ow in your hands just keep on repairing and get pain ... I hope the sun shines for you today. ... But I remember saying if I could just lose it for a day I'd believe the nice ...
  • Re: Getting error message when installing msn 6.2
    ... error message shows up saying "This application has failed to start ... I tried Re-installing it and I did the method you described to Richard ... How do I fix this???? ...
  • Outlook Today will not display
    ... repairing from original cd and didn't fix. ...
  • Re: ***Icom IC 725 LCD frequency display (help !!)***
    ... Are you saying you intend to work on repairing your radio? ...