RE: Avast not updating automatically on Vista

I've never had any problems with Avast free.
Uninstall it, then reinstall it.
It is compatible with vista 32bit and 64bit.
--
Mad Mike

"J" wrote:

Hello,
I'm using Vista Home Basic.
Avast 4.8 FREE
I have it set to do an signature file update automatically.
However, it never does an update automatically.
If I run it manually, it works fine.
Any ideas?
No errors in the event viewer.

  • Re: Making the DVD ROm drive the Boot drive?
    ... Yes, as stated in earilier posts in this thread, I can start Vista fine. ... Mad Mike ... therfore I can't boot from it. ... reinstall for good as the workaround for a clean install for an upgrade DVD? ...
  • Re: WMP 11: I click and nothing! [Vista RANT]
    ... OEM version of Vista that came preinstalled on my notebook. ... the System restore disk that came with my Toshiba system indicate that to ... available to download for reinstall on the site for Windows Media Player 11 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Media player 11 wont play wmv files
    ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... The system should ask if you want to reinstall it. ... I can't definitely remember is there something like "Add/Remove programs" Control Panel applet in Vista?... ... Windows Media Player -> Set this program as default and clicking OK" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WMP 11: I click and nothing! [Vista RANT]
    ... I definitely would not use a System Restore disk, ... using the Vista install CD if at all possible. ... there will be utterly no ability to reinstall Windows Media Player as ... OEM version of Vista that came preinstalled on my notebook. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Media player 11 wont play wmv files
    ... there must be a way to reinstall WMP... ... Windows Media Player -> Set this program as default and clicking OK" ... upon XP and absolute not applicable to Vista. ... and the agent installed a ton of codec on my computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)