Re: Wise Registry Cleaner vs AusLogics Registry Defrag vs CCLeaner?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:32:32 -0500, Paul Montgomery
<i.m.nonnymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That was a simple, quick, test, nothing scientific. But why did Wise
registry cleaner flag so many registry problems compared to CCleaner? The
chances are that Wise registry cleaner hit so many 'false positives' that
removing them 'may' have caused more problems or me than leaving them.

A more plausible answer: CCleaner is not set to make very aggressive
checks, or it makes less complete checks than WRC does.

I just ran my own test.

I let CCleaner run its check - took maybe 30 seconds. I let it delete
what it found (about 300 items).

Then I ran WRC using the default setup - it took 8 minutes and found
an additional 495 items with 97 being "unsafe" to fix.

I ran it again and had it run ALL checks - it took 11 minutes and
found 838 items with 156 being "unsafe".

It definitely checks more items than CCleaner.

I don't plan on letting it fix a damned thing ;-)

  • Re: Possible Issue with either XP or IE 7.0 on secondary users acc
    ... Advanced Registry Optimizer is a Registry Cleaner and as such is ... Whilst cCleaner also has ... Script errors and it never does run. ... About a month ago or so, all the secondary users started to ...
  • Re: Possible Issue with either XP or IE 7.0 on secondary users acc
    ... Advanced Registry Optimizer is a Registry Cleaner and as such is ... Whilst cCleaner also has ... Although I use a different cleaner (Advanced Registry Optimizer), ... Script errors and it never does run. ...
  • Re: "Power Options" in control panel doesnt work
    ... The mere fact that he has a registry cleaner is sufficient information for ... He used Ccleaner to FIX the problem & it didn't work! ... may happen when laptop manufacturer power control software is ...
  • Re: CCleaner and the Registry
    ... You've been fortunate, and no one has ever claimed that using a registry cleaner will be harmful every time - only that there's an unnecessary risk involved, but that says *nothing* about the purported usefulness of CCleaner as a registry cleaner. ... uneeded non-registry files; but I check the registry file size before/after cleaning and it either stays the same size or is slightly smaller. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need a boost after 5 months
    ... roraniel you have the same regime as I do. ... I to use CCleaner, but don't use the registry cleaner, even though it is less aggressive than other registry cleaners. ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ...