vista keeps crashing

:confused::confused::cry::mad:
I have vista 64 which after a recent update keeps crashing but i cannot
find the culprit. I did a sfc scan today and this was what i got
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.
Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix
some of th
em.
Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log
C:\Windows\system32>

When i switch off sometimes it refuses to start and i have to use vista
disk to start up by start up repair. Even when it does get hundreds of
programs not responding and being shut down. I have done virus scans
with avast, nod32, kaspersky and trend housecall and not a virus found.
No rootkits either and no malware according to super antispyware,
windows defender or spybot.

I thought it might be the sound driver because sometimes i get a sound
which sounds like a stuck driver but then today with sound drivers
disabled it crashed and froze twice.

It only works in safe mode but then it decides what its going to do. I
mean i start in safemode with networking but only one in four times does
it give me that at other times it says local connectivity is limited.
When i have tried to run avast in safe mode it has crashed but other
online scanners work.

I thought it might be hardware caused by overheating but i can touch
the heatsink when its shut down with no real feeling of red hot.

Asus cool and quiet and the pc probe functions do not work giving me
AsIo error in full mode.

:sleepy::sleepy:fed up now thinking of dumping vista completely and
going to ubuntu. At least with xp i could repair system files with
windows disk. In vista i will need to do the updates all over again.

--
vijayl
.