Problem with personalization

Whenever I try to change my screen saver, I get a notification that says
"Your system administrator has disabled launching of the Display
Settings Control Panel". I researched this problem and discovered (once
on this site as well as others) that one step to solving this problem is
to go to "edit group policy" and change settings from there. However,
when I click on "Edit group policy" a window appears that says "MCC
cannot open the file C:\Windows\system32\gpedit.msc. This may be because
the file does not exist, is not an MCC console, or was created by a
later version of MCC. This may also be because you do not have
sufficient access rights to the file." I would like to have access to
ALL areas of my computer considering that I have the only account on my
computer and I am the administrator. Something as simple as changing my
screen saver or desktop background should not be blocked off to me. Any
assistance you could possibly offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank
you.

--
jgarber
jgarber's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=463