Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

Banjo200 wrote:
:: I have an HP intel Core 2 Quad 4GB 64 Bit Vista PC, about once a week
my computer has a mind of its own and pegs my hard drive by executing
tasks like the ones below for several hours. ::

::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\software::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\system::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Sam::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\security ::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Default ::
:: ::
How can I schedule the tasks when I am not using my computer?

Those aren't "tasks" of any sort. Those are the backup copies of portions of your registry. What, precisely, is your computer actually doing with those files?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
.