Re: windows\system32\config\regback\software

Banjo200 wrote:
:: I have an HP intel Core 2 Quad 4GB 64 Bit Vista PC, about once a week
my computer has a mind of its own and pegs my hard drive by executing
tasks like the ones below for several hours. ::

::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\security ::
::C:\windows\system32\config\regback\Default ::
:: ::
How can I schedule the tasks when I am not using my computer?

Those aren't "tasks" of any sort. Those are the backup copies of portions of your registry. What, precisely, is your computer actually doing with those files?

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot