Re: Is there a log file with BSOD information, and what does that info mean?

Anthony;101178 Wrote:
I have a HP dv9420us notebook running Vista home premium 64.
I also have the HP Express card Analog TV Tuner
I have had a problem with BSOD and sleep mode.
HP says its my video driver, I dont know how they know that unless its
happening with other PCs of the same model.
I would like to leave it on in power saver plan so it can resume and
record
my favorite shows then sleep again.
When I do it BSOD when it resumes and recording starts, usually when
I'm
away
When I am here I don't have time to write down the error info before
the
system reboots.

What Id like to know is this.
Is the BSOD info recorded in a log file somewhere with codes or info
about
the crash?
If so is there somewhere I can go to find out what those codes mean?

Pls see 'Troubleshooting Vista Stop Errors '
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/t3.html)for help.

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22514

  • Is there a log file with BSOD information, and what does that info mean?
    ... I also have the HP Express card Analog TV Tuner ... I have had a problem with BSOD and sleep mode. ... Is the BSOD info recorded in a log file somewhere with codes or info about the crash? ...
  • Re: boot problems
    ... The BSOD usually has a lot of codes that are meaningless to most people. ... But those codes would not be there unless they were meaningful to someone. ... One approach, of course, is to be sure you have the best drivers for ALL ... your hardware, especially any that you've installed recently. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Bluescreen Help!!
    ... including all the hex codes and the exact text name. ... If your computer reboots when the BSOD appears, then you need to change the default setting for what to do on System failure. ... Next time the BSOD appears, your computer won't do anything else until you press the hardware Reset button, so you'll have all the time you need to read and copy those error codes. ... variety programs, but the usual running program is ntoskrnl.exe, although I ...
  • Re: Blue Kiss of Death Crash on Boot Up
    ... but you have the consolation that your BSOD ... it would be impertinent to ask Dell to provide you with Imaging Software. ... Computer> Manage> Expand Event Viewer> Application or System Log. ... The bugcheck codes ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Blue Kiss of Death Crash on Boot Up
    ... Surprisingly, the BSOD Event may not be flagged as a warningIor an error, ... One problem with Event Viewer is that it has a limited capacity, ... it would be impertinent to ask Dell to provide you with Imaging Software. ... Certain Codes ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)