Re: Error Code

Hi,

Depends on which update system you are referring to. HP's own update program generally works pretty well, but it's not a part of Windows Update and Microsoft will not be able to assist you with it. If it's Windows/Microsoft Update you are referring to, then free support can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab0. If it's HP's own internal update engine, then call HP and let them know you are returning their system for a full refund, then do so. Contact your credit card company, if you used one, and have the payment withheld. HP is solely responsible for support of their systems per their OEM agreements. If they don't want to do it, then you don't want their machine.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"toneywho" <toneywho@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OiIwROUGJHA.616@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a new computer, a HP Pavilion a6567c. Every time I try to do a Vista update I get the following error code: 80070005, and I cannot install this update: HP Bus Controllers and Ports, Display software update released in May, 2007. HP says it's no concern of theirs and MS sends me on a chase that leads to me finding this is a common error code but no common fix. Every thing I try doesn't work. Is there any help anywhere that has all the fixes in one spot? I bought this computer at Costco and their help was to reload the program! Failing a way to solve this error code is there a way to update the HP Bus Controllers and Ports, Displays using some other means. Thanks for any help.

  • RE: Windows Update has stopped working.
    ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... Windows Update has stopped working. ... Click on Start, Run, type REGSVR32 MSXML.DLL and click OK. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: KB943460 / Software Distribution Service 3.0 System Restore Pr
    ... Sorry if I seemed coy its simply I had it my head you were a Microsoft ... I suppose it might simply be a rebrand of Windows Update. ... McAfee Security Center or AVG Free. ... KB943460 is not causing your System Restore problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • >>>> UPDATE COMPUTER <<<<
    ... High-priority Updates Install Problem Computer Solution ... High-priority Updates Certificates Computer Microsoft Root ... Windows Update Causes Computer To Restart ... Device Driver Updates For Computer ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Windows Update is a dog, again!
    ... For at least the past several days Windows Update has ... you're making all the responsibility MS's. ... how to obtain and DL the patch. ... >Microsoft will supply us with a properly tested security patch within 24 ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: SVCHOST.exe & Auto update program causing CPU to run at 100%
    ... Like wise I also downloaded that microsoft patch, ... Without service packs there is no auto update. ... install SP2, this is where the troubles begin. ... Workaround: Change the default from Microsoft Update to Windows Update: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)