Re: Edit items in "Right Click / New"

v_2dfitt <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Where in the registry is the section on what is displayed when you right
click and choose NEW? I've got a ton of items in there that I don't want
and it takes forever to open up.

I've gone to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers (seems
that's the place to go) but it's empty and doesn't show all the items in
the list.

I searched here but couldn't find what I was looking for.
Thanks in advance!

I think this should take care of it:

http://tinyurl.com/53uo9a

DDW
No email please

  • Edit items in "Right Click / New"
    ... Where in the registry is the section on what is displayed when you right ... I've got a ton of items in there that I don't want ... and it takes forever to open up. ... that's the place to go) but it's empty and doesn't show all the items in ...
  • Re: Registry changes and Re-appearing programs in system start up
    ... There is a complete blank but still a reserved entry spot in the ... The registry entry looks totally innocuous, just like many of the other ... seen empty Run items, but deleting them once is all that it takes. ... I also did some tweaking around that time on my startup programs ...
  • Re: My Recent Docs issue
    ... Registry Key: ... Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ... What you are asking though is a permissions issue on that particular directory. ... Each week I empty the list of My Recent Documents (just to keep things clear ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Slow startup
    ... c_, often also empty. ... want it to run automatically change it to one of the other options. ... if you are not familiar with what is in the registry or the ... it will significantly improve your startup time. ...
  • Re: Restarts at startup - requests programs that are no longer ava
    ... > Then the only references left would possibly be in the system registry. ... > If you're a complete novice, please take extreme care. ... > Then do a search for the Keys noted below and review carefully. ... > MVP Windows - Shell / User ...