Re: Blue screen, BCCode: 8086

Hi,

Reinstalling probably isn't helping because the cause of the blue screens is likely in the system hardware. Can you send this file to me at rick_at_mvps_dot_org using a subject line of "per req". It may contain information that will help diagnose the cause:

C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP\MINI091708-01.DMP

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jon08" <jon08.3fwkfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:jon08.3fwkfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone!

Let me begin by introducing my laptop and then a brief 'history' on
some of the issues I've been experiencing.

Firstly, I'm using a Toshiba A200-1AX, the following configuration:

Windows Vista Home Premium (x32)
Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD graphic card

to name a few...

I first started experiencing problems a couple of months ago when all
of a sudden my CD/DVD drive would completely disappear from "Computer"
and you wouldn't be able to locate it in Device Manager either. In
addition, even when inserted a CD/DVD, it wouldn't get recognized at
all. What's even more confusing is, that after a week or so the CD/DVD
drive would appear again and work for a couple of "plays" and then
disappear again and reappear in 1-2 weeks. Ultimately, it appeared again
and later on (right now still counting) I hadn't been experiencing
problems anymore.

However, blue screens would start appearing. There have been several
codes that were showing up, at times I'd get several blue screens in a
day (oh, and I had SP 1 installed back then), yet sometimes none.
Eventually I had given up and decided to take my laptop to the repair
service. All of a sudden, they reported to me that blue screens started
occurring every time they started the computer and wouldn't even let it
start properly (which had never occurred prior to my taking the laptop
there). As a result, you could never reach desktop in Windows, as it
kept restarting itself.

Apparently, after having been tested, neither RAM nor hard drive
appeared to be the cause of these blue screens. Having wasted 16 days at
the repair service, they finally advised me to format everything by
using Product Recovery disc as they could not find what the problem
could be.

There we go, I was pretty much convinced myself that it must have been
some software issue like drivers or whatnot that was going to get
resolved with re-installing Vista. So I re-installed Vista by using
Product Recovery disc, took me about an hour of several auto-restarts
that come with the installation I guess, and finally I await in
anticipation my first log into the 'resurrected' Vista.

But instead of a Welcome from Vista I get a BLUE SCREEN, which caused
my computer to restart. After the restart it seemed to work normally and
it finally accessed desktop for the first time since the installation
where a "Windows has recovered from an unexpected error" window popped
up. Here is what it said:

PROBLEM SIGNATURE:
PROBLEM EVENT NAME: BLUESCREEN
OS VERSION: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
LOCALE ID: 1060

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROBLEM:
BCCODE: 8086
BCP1: 00000300
BCP2: 000000F6
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 00000000
OS VERSION: 6_0_6000
SERVICE PACK: 0_0
PRODUCT: 768_1

FILES THAT HELP DESCRIBE THE PROBLEM:
C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP\MINI091708-01.DMP
C:\USERS\...\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\WER-88670-0.SYSDATA.XML
C:\USERS\...\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\WER7C11.TMP.VERSION.TXT

Oh, and another thing: ever since I got my laptop back from the repair
service I have been getting the following message right after the
initial Toshiba screen upon starting my laptop (the msg appeared before
and after the re-installation of Vista, however, never did it appear
prior to taking the laptop to the repair service):

INTEL UNDI, PXE-2.1 (BUILD 082)
COPYRIGHT BLAHBLAH

FOR REALTEK RTL8100E/8101E FAST ETHERNET NETWORK ADAPTER V. 1.02
(060510)
PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE
PXE-M0F: EXITING PXE ROM

Does anybody have any idea what I should do? I'm really desperate now
as I was hoping that after the re-installation of Vista my laptop would
be back to normal again, yet after having experienced a blue screen
RIGHT after the installation leaves me worried and helpless.

I'd appreciate anybody's help greatly.

Best regards

--
jon08
jon08's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jon08.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: dell laptop behaving badly
    ... you have to have at least 200mb for windows not to seize up. ... recall initially got windows saying my profiles were corrupt and later ... C drive was full then some blue screens. ... the laptop seems to be back to normal. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: My laptop died. OT, more or less
    ... I just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate from Vista Ultimate, ... I still get freezes and Blue Screens of ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Major vista problems
    ... Those Blue Screens of Death are trying very hard to tell you "where it hurts" - and you don't seem to be listening to them. ... Windows is set, by default, to "Automatically restart" on "System failure"; this means that the blue screen flashes for an instant and then the computer reboots - before we have a chance to read what it says. ... Next time, instead of rebooting, your computer will "freeze" until YOU press the hardware Reset button. ... My laptop, running Windows Vista Basic has had its share of blue ...
  • Major vista problems
    ... My laptop, running Windows Vista Basic has had its share of blue ... These past two weeks the blue screens were becoming more and more ...
  • Blue screen, BCCode: 8086
    ... I first started experiencing problems a couple of months ago when all ... blue screens would start appearing. ... Eventually I had given up and decided to take my laptop to the repair ... resolved with re-installing Vista. ...