Blue screen, BCCode: 8086

Hi everyone!

Let me begin by introducing my laptop and then a brief 'history' on
some of the issues I've been experiencing.

Firstly, I'm using a Toshiba A200-1AX, the following configuration:

Windows Vista Home Premium (x32)
Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD graphic card

to name a few...

I first started experiencing problems a couple of months ago when all
of a sudden my CD/DVD drive would completely disappear from "Computer"
and you wouldn't be able to locate it in Device Manager either. In
addition, even when inserted a CD/DVD, it wouldn't get recognized at
all. What's even more confusing is, that after a week or so the CD/DVD
drive would appear again and work for a couple of "plays" and then
disappear again and reappear in 1-2 weeks. Ultimately, it appeared again
and later on (right now still counting) I hadn't been experiencing
problems anymore.

However, blue screens would start appearing. There have been several
codes that were showing up, at times I'd get several blue screens in a
day (oh, and I had SP 1 installed back then), yet sometimes none.
Eventually I had given up and decided to take my laptop to the repair
service. All of a sudden, they reported to me that blue screens started
occurring every time they started the computer and wouldn't even let it
start properly (which had never occurred prior to my taking the laptop
there). As a result, you could never reach desktop in Windows, as it
kept restarting itself.

Apparently, after having been tested, neither RAM nor hard drive
appeared to be the cause of these blue screens. Having wasted 16 days at
the repair service, they finally advised me to format everything by
using Product Recovery disc as they could not find what the problem
could be.

There we go, I was pretty much convinced myself that it must have been
some software issue like drivers or whatnot that was going to get
resolved with re-installing Vista. So I re-installed Vista by using
Product Recovery disc, took me about an hour of several auto-restarts
that come with the installation I guess, and finally I await in
anticipation my first log into the 'resurrected' Vista.

But instead of a Welcome from Vista I get a BLUE SCREEN, which caused
my computer to restart. After the restart it seemed to work normally and
it finally accessed desktop for the first time since the installation
where a "Windows has recovered from an unexpected error" window popped
up. Here is what it said:

PROBLEM SIGNATURE:
PROBLEM EVENT NAME: BLUESCREEN
OS VERSION: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
LOCALE ID: 1060

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROBLEM:
BCCODE: 8086
BCP1: 00000300
BCP2: 000000F6
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 00000000
OS VERSION: 6_0_6000
SERVICE PACK: 0_0
PRODUCT: 768_1

FILES THAT HELP DESCRIBE THE PROBLEM:
C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP\MINI091708-01.DMP
C:\USERS\...\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\WER-88670-0.SYSDATA.XML
C:\USERS\...\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\WER7C11.TMP.VERSION.TXT

Oh, and another thing: ever since I got my laptop back from the repair
service I have been getting the following message right after the
initial Toshiba screen upon starting my laptop (the msg appeared before
and after the re-installation of Vista, however, never did it appear
prior to taking the laptop to the repair service):

INTEL UNDI, PXE-2.1 (BUILD 082)
COPYRIGHT BLAHBLAH

FOR REALTEK RTL8100E/8101E FAST ETHERNET NETWORK ADAPTER V. 1.02
(060510)
PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE
PXE-M0F: EXITING PXE ROM

Does anybody have any idea what I should do? I'm really desperate now
as I was hoping that after the re-installation of Vista my laptop would
be back to normal again, yet after having experienced a blue screen
RIGHT after the installation leaves me worried and helpless.

I'd appreciate anybody's help greatly.

Best regards

--
jon08
jon08's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jon08.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Blue screen, BCCode: 8086
    ... Reinstalling probably isn't helping because the cause of the blue screens is likely in the system hardware. ... Windows help - www.rickrogers.org ... Eventually I had given up and decided to take my laptop to the repair ... resolved with re-installing Vista. ...
  • Re: XP Media Sharing in WMP 11 problem
    ... thats what i'm experiencing. ... its actually rather strange what i have. ... i have one laptop with vista sp1 x64 and one other now with xp sp3 ... firewall but i think i have give the xp laptop all the permissions it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Quest VMCL. OK
    ... "Designed for Vista Premium" logo, and also described as "Media Center ... "Media Center Laptops" might all come with built in Hybrid Analogue/Digital ... for a laptop with Media Center functionality. ... No I did not upgrade my sisters laptop with those hardware drivers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Boot and general performance
    ... Checked out what is starting up and uninstalled any program that I no longer used and adjusted ones I still use to only load what they need when I actually click on them to start. ... I also stand the laptop on a cake stand so that air flow under and around it is maximised. ... so I tried to use SFC /SCANBOOT as I used to on XP but that option doesn't exist for SFC under Vista so I cant reboot and have a windows OS file scan be performed when no file is locked. ... Not daunted I thought about "repair install" which *CAN* be done on my desktop Vista Business if needed with the DVD there but the laptop came with Vista Ultimate 64 bit already installed and with a restore partition on it, no disk, as usual and I cannot actually DO a repair install because of that. ...
  • Re: Which XP to use
    ... so many problems with the display drivers that HP has decided I have a faulty card and is now sending me a brand new laptop to the exact same specs. ... My thought on it is that since I am still going to be getting the Vista OS and the same Nvidia video card, that the problems will still be there. ... Just because the first laptop had defective hardware components or corrupted drivers, this is no indication that the replacement laptop will have the same problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)