Vista error codes

Hi,

I have a PC with came with vista home premium installed. Since February
this year it has refused to update stating code 8024402c. I recently
decided I would carry out a system restore to try and solve this but
computer stated, The filename, directory name of volume label syntax is
incorrect. (0x8007007B) It is driving me nuts. Is there anyway I can
force it to carry out a full restore or will I have to resort to
throwing it out of the window!

Thanks

Dave

--
McDarby1
McDarby1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/mcdarby1.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Serious Vista Problems
    ... with all the W95 like lock-ups etc we tried a "System Restore" and ... earth are we facing once we start installing our software? ... It appears that although it said System Restore failed.... ... Our new Laptop, with Vista Home Premium, has no such problems. ...
  • System Restore wont work
    ... Hope I'm in right forum. ... My OS is Vista Home Premium 64 bit. ... On a couple of occasions I've tried to action "System Restore". ...
  • Re: System Restore wont work
    ... Switched "everything" off and ran System Restore. ... My OS is Vista Home Premium 64 bit. ... met with NO success. ... Do you have any Symantec or Zone Alarm security products installed, ...
  • Vista only works in safe mode
    ... I have a Dell desktop running Vista Home Premium 32 Bit. ... it to startup in safe mode. ... I tried using system restore to an earlier ...