Re: How can I identify a possible memory leak?

While "The Case of the Frozen Clock Gadget" does not match your situation, what it does give you is a good starting point for investigating memory leaks using a nice little app called Process Explorer ... this may help get you going in the right direction ... good luck ... vanilla

The Case of the Frozen Clock Gadget ... (one of my favorite "Case Of ..." articles) ...

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2007/10/15/2178879.aspx

Best link I could find for current version of Process Explorer ...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

"Dr. Friend" <DrFriend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4F1ACD47-91A8-445D-AC13-E19923B26A9F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can produce the same result on my Windows XP SP3 tablet. I never had this
issue until I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. It appears to be
confined to the Excel 2007 application - if I open two or more workbooks and
let them sit in the background for a length of time (just happened over
lunch) and then I try to edit or close the workbooks I get a "System does not
have enough resources to continue" error combined with screen redraw problems.

"drbillc" wrote:

I can produce similar results on an XP Pro box (SP2 and then after SP3
update) by opening up a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 and just letting it
run overnight.

--
drbillc

  • Re: Windows 2003 SBS: Memory Leak?
    ... uninstalled the Tripp Lite software on Friday, did the mandatory reboot ... I guess this process has hardened the server for other memory leaks through ... coupled with the exchange maintenance kicking in around that time...to do it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is complete home security possible?
    ... Even if I have to spend 2 minutes to reboot my Windows box twice ... And in the case of Windows, the Tuesday critical security updates that ... As for memory leaks, if they warrant a reboot, that must be an OS memory ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Clearing RAM
    ... check for memory leaks: does the amount of memory used by the Excel.exe ... I have redeveloped a system that uses Excel as its front end. ... The CPU's are fine but after prolonged usage excel slowly ... Is there a way to write some code to clear the RAM? ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: C# and GDI Resources
    ... Likely memory leaks, but there may be other symptoms as well, although ... A reboot would certainly 'fix' the problem. ... When graphics resources run out, what are the usual symptoms shown at ...
  • Re: ALERT: WPA can be less secure than WEP
    ... Jeff Liebermann wrote: ... And I've even been forced to reboot Windows XP a few times. ... I do see hangs with Acrobat and Quicktime, but I don't think that's the browser as IE6 does the same thing. ... No sign of the previous memory leaks. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)