Re: How can I identify a possible memory leak?

While "The Case of the Frozen Clock Gadget" does not match your situation, what it does give you is a good starting point for investigating memory leaks using a nice little app called Process Explorer ... this may help get you going in the right direction ... good luck ... vanilla

The Case of the Frozen Clock Gadget ... (one of my favorite "Case Of ..." articles) ...

http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2007/10/15/2178879.aspx

Best link I could find for current version of Process Explorer ...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

"Dr. Friend" <DrFriend@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:4F1ACD47-91A8-445D-AC13-E19923B26A9F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can produce the same result on my Windows XP SP3 tablet. I never had this
issue until I upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. It appears to be
confined to the Excel 2007 application - if I open two or more workbooks and
let them sit in the background for a length of time (just happened over
lunch) and then I try to edit or close the workbooks I get a "System does not
have enough resources to continue" error combined with screen redraw problems.

"drbillc" wrote:

I can produce similar results on an XP Pro box (SP2 and then after SP3
update) by opening up a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 and just letting it
run overnight.

--
drbillc

.