Re: Vista Internet Explorer Horror and confusion

Internet Explorer has stopped working and needs to close and
restart..... Or Close Program.... Please click ok! What a pain! Well, I
found a fix for it and it's very simple...perhaps it will work for you.
I'm running Vista Home Premium on my HP Notebood. What I did was this:
1)Open Control Panel
2)Click on Internet Options
3)Click on Advanced Tab
4)click on the RESET button at the bottom
Internet Explorer is fixed, just that simple.

You loose your plugin toolbars but you don't loose any bookmarks...It
tells you what it will do and another popup will tell you again when you
go to click ok.

Now.... Anyone have a fix for me? I'm running yahoo messenger but in
the chat room I have no sound. I have sound for anything and everything
else...except yahoo chat room. Can't figure this one out....if anyone
has a fix for that...please send it along to me. Thanx

--
xmrkneezx

  • Re: RED X & Verizon
    ... tried the fix and still the same. ... The conventional wisdom regarding a reinstall of IE6 XP SP2 is to uninstall ... But running Internet Explorer Backup from ... shortest time possible- your security programs won't be running. ...
  • Re: Missing Complete Internet Options Column
    ... Internet Explorer Fix - General purpose fix for Internet Explorer ... I suggest you download a little program called Hijackthis. ... > I dutifully went to the Internet Options area to click under General Tab and> replace the page with my own when I noticed that I was missing the General> Tab itself. ...
  • Re: Missing Complete Internet Options Column
    ... Internet Explorer Fix - General purpose fix for Internet Explorer ... I suggest you download a little program called Hijackthis. ... > I dutifully went to the Internet Options area to click under General Tab and> replace the page with my own when I noticed that I was missing the General> Tab itself. ...
  • Re: E-mail problems
    ... There must be a switch to allow images to show. ... Try the quick, easy fix first. ... 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...
  • Re: Graphics Display
    ... Try the quick, easy fix first. ... 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer ... Are you using a Firewall or "filtering software"? ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...