Re: Screen saver does not work

try using the Program Compatibility Wizard, go to the control panel,programs, select "Use and older program ..." follow the series of prompts ..

"Unhappy with Vista" <UnhappywithVista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F4AEA61B-4DEC-4263-9401-06872C27C864@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The computer is fine -- it is Vista that is the proble m
Happy Cruiser

message news:A0BEEA2F-C117-4C47-AAFD-1BC527D305FF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have a brand new computer with Vista installed :(
> I really enjoyed my screen saver on XP but even though the preview > shows
> up
> fine, the screen saver does not kick in on my notebook.
> Does anyone have the same problem? Have you solved it?
> -- > Happy Cruiser

If you have a brand new computer, and it doesn't work as you believe that it
should, complain to the computer manufacturer..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

  • Re: The best programs
    ... The BEST ones all run on Macs - but, alas, not on PCs. ... Brand new computer, but super slow. ... screen saver is running, move the mouse to bring it back, screen flashes the new UI, then goes black, wait 30-40 seconds for it to come back again and be usable. ... This is on a brand new HP desktop that shipped with Vista. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Various screen savers...
    ... where the routines exist that support the slide show screen saver. ... And I doubt that my cheapest laptop ... The transparency effects may rely on edition of vista and graphic card ... You can download some more gadgets for your vista from the following page. ...
  • Re: PC build help
    ... I like Asus MB with Intel chips for homebuilt, ... I would go with 2GB in whatever brand is compatible with the MB and Vid ... I will be running Windows XP for now and Vista in a while. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Screen Saver
    ... I've since reloaded my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop with Vista Ultimate ... wireless "Logitec" mouse and keyboard. ... but the undesired side-effect is that the screen saver now doesn't work. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • RE: Problem ripping with WMP11
    ... Is a brand new machine with brand new Microsoft software supposed to NOT ... No other error message is displayed. ... after I upgraded from Vista home Basic to Vista Home Premium. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)