Re: Unable to create Restore Points

PaulM wrote:
Go here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

Many thanks for that (shucks I am a vistax64.com member as well!). I was worried about SP1, so I will slipstream a new disk and do this sometime in the near future.

I have Rollback Rx installed, so I am covered for restore points and have made a full backup with their disk cloner. I just hope it is not Snapshot Rx that has broken this? If anyone has this on an x64 system, I would love to know. Snapshot Tech guys are checking it out in a trial, these guys are super helpful and fast reply times.

Frenchy

  • Setup problems with slipstreamed SP1 Disk
    ... I did a slipstream of sp1 win2003 server. ... Everytime I install it comes up with error saying "Please insert disk ... contaning windows 2003 server enterprise disk" ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: SFC/scannow - help please?
    ... Len you will find that a 'recovery disk' has been ghosted and without the ... always slipstream the one i intend using on my machine. ... >>> the precaution of moving the SP2 download to Drive D on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: problem with XP and 200 Gb harddrive
    ... I assume that you did not install SP1 when you originally installed Windows ... The 189 GB your BIOS is reporting is close enough. ... If, however, the XP installation disk includes SP1, then the full ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: slipstreaming question
    ... I have the SP2 download burned to disk. ... > I thought Autostreamer was the best way to do this. ... > ValueAdd and is not as functional as a win xp sp1 slipstream. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: slipstreaming question
    ... I just used Autostreamer from Neowin to slipstream my SP2 into my original ... WinXP Pro boot disk. ... I thought Autostreamer was the best way to do this. ... ValueAdd and is not as functional as a win xp sp1 slipstream. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)