Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY

Excellent! Error messages!

So, let's look at the commonality:

0x7F: Hardware issue
You're overclocking incorrectly.
This error message can occur if either of the following conditions exists: .
Your computer has hardware or software problems (hardware failure is the
most common cause).
. You try to over clock the speed of your computer's processor (for
example, you set a 2500 MhZ processor to run at 2870 MhZ).

0x0A: Driver issue related to RAM
I don't think you're trying to install Vista, so the following probably
applies:
You experience this problem if the following conditions are true: . The
computer has an NVIDIA chipset.
. The computer has four gigabytes (GB) or more of RAM.

0x00: This is a bug check code.
This typically implies a driver did something stupid, so it was stopped.

0x04: This is a bug check code.
This typically implies a driver did something stupid, so it was stopped.

0x8xxxxxxx: Data_Bus_Error
Problem accessing memory

0xFFD0F4F0: Never seen this one.

Commonality:
Driver issue accessing memory.
Probably due to the 10% overclocking function which can cause peripheral
hardware: memory, controllers, integrated sound, etc. to suddenly
malfunction producing random BSODs. The real pointer to the overclock
problem is that they are inconsistent errors. Since most of these are memory
related, you probably resulted in a CPU speed increase without lowering your
FSB multiplier and exceeded the ability of your memory. But, this is all a
guess since your specs still haven't made it to the public. :-)

Have you still had problems since you restored nomal clocking?

"tednelson83" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

ok, my full system specs are now listed in the "my system specs" thing
at the bottom of my posts.

the error codes listed are 0x07f, 0x0a, 0x00, 0x04, 0xffd0f4f0, and
0x822a0360 (excess "0"'s truncated but all error codes are 8 digits
after the "x")

i know not of this "memory hole remapping" you speak of, so i would
have to say no.

cpu core temp currently at 43.1*C according to the screen on the front
of my case. the sensor is placed in the middle of the heatsink fins.

that work for you mr. mark h?

--
tednelson83

  • Re: memory problems
    ... Are you overclocking your ram, and has this problem only just started ... have you installed any new memory or hardware or is this the ...
  • Re: High memory
    ... memory and then copy it up above 1MB...but if you want to put ... outside the CPU, memory is seen in a completely different light...this ... 1MB with "real mode memory" labelled on it or anything...the actual memory ... the system bus to actual hardware devices...hence, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Crashes and the Blue Screen of Death!
    ... but the most common cause is hardware failure. ... The most common cause of this is hardware memory corruption. ... are listed on the Windows 2000 Hardware Compatibility List. ... recommended that all users install them as they become available. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: The variable bit cpu
    ... > However looking at the big picture the effort to scale fixed bit hardware ... those bits are kept in the opcode rather than in each memory ... And while a *few* applications might need to scale beyond 256 bits, ... And one *big* thing you're missing here is that have a variable-bit ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • SUMMARY: V880 crashes
    ... Almost all suggested it is hardware problem. ... Next day I got a call from SUN and SUN's engineer ... came and replaced two memory DIMMs. ... Second, call support. ...
    (SunManagers)