My laptop restarts during standby

Hello. I usually put my laptop into standby [lid down], which saves having to
reload documents and such. It's always powered.

The problem is, around 3 times a month I find that it's rebooted itself
during the night and is already on when I open the lid.

Anyone know what might be causing this and how to stop it?

p.s. I have a Dell Inspiron 1520.
Thank you in advance for your help.

  • Laptop coming out of standby - no display
    ... If I put my laptop in standby by either shutting the lid ... I can just shut the lid, and reopen it 2 seconds later and the display ...
  • Laptop coming out of standby - no display
    ... If I put my laptop in standby by either shutting the lid ... I can just shut the lid, and reopen it 2 seconds later and the display ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: No standby when laptop lid closes.
    ... Folder.exe virus and Yahoo Mail.Exe virus through those small applications ... When i close the laptop lid, the computer will not turn on ... 'standby' when 'i close the lid of my laptop' - so all good, ...
  • RE: No standby when laptop lid closes.
    ... When i close the laptop lid, the computer will not turn on ... Settings: I went into power options, ... 'standby' when 'i close the lid of my laptop' - so all good, ...
  • Re: Turn on the power of the laptop
    ... The laptop will be used by a blind person. ... I'd plan on closing the lid to place the unit in standby or sleep. ... gluing a couple of pencil erasers near the keyboard so that the lid doesn't latch but closes far enough to activate the standby or sleep mode. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)