Re: computer BSOD's on me CONSTANTLY

ok, the health report just indicated that one of my hard drives was
full, which was expected, as thats my DVR drive. i read through the info
provided above, and a lot of it pointed to memory issues, so i swapped
the ram around, and shut off the asus 10% overclock thing in the bios.

what i found interesting while reading the articles in the MS knowledge
base that pertained to my errors, is were related to systems that 4GB
ram, as does mine. however it stated that the fix was to install SP1,
and i had installed that when i reinstalled vista, at the same time as i
got all the other updates.

--
tednelson83

  • Re: expanding ram
    ... I am working with some very large databases(in the 500 ... any common mother board out there that can hold that kind of ram. ... A RAM SSD has close to zero seek time (a couple microseconds might ... Connecting ordinary hard drives, on a caching RAID controller, does ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: (Xnews) Memory Problems reading goups with millions of posts - Thanks ->>> with a P.S. f
    ... supported by the L2 cache on the motherboard and RAM ... The report of memory beyond 64 ... 600MB Hard drives coming out next week? ... NOT dictated by the technology on the shelves at the time ...
    (news.software.readers)
  • Re: performance optimization?
    ... need more RAM. ... Only if your machine is IO limited by your hard drives does it make much ... I do run database software and even with that I have ... # semaphore maximum value: 32767 MAX ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: recover memory
    ... You could have 1 Gb of RAM ... There's memory, which is what you SEE when you look at your ... Mem Pro removes the program from RAM, ... New hard drives are cheaper than dirt so if you are filling yours up ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: The Linear Address Space
    ... The virtual address space exists only inside the CPU. ... for as many addresses as there is RAM in the machine. ... > When a program needs to read a sector of data from a ... > and direct interfacing to hard drives is usually only done by the OS. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)