computer BSOD's on me to, Was wondering if you might help.

I have a HP dv9420us notebook with the HP analog express TV tuner and am
running Vista Home Premium 64. I would like to put it to sleep and let it
wake to record and then go back to sleep. But for some reason when it wakes
to record it blue screens on me. Usually at night while I'm asleep at night
or am away (I don't usually sit and watch it sleep) When I log on I get a
message telling me that it blue screened. Any way, I have tried updating the
drivers with no success. Iv looked in the performance monitor and the errors
are all listed as application or OS errors, there are no errors listed for
hardware. I hope its not hardware, My system has been back to the factory 4
times for repairs....It was completely replaced once.

  • Re: Problems with standby function
    ... Standby has always had problems. ... Some hardware just isn't designed to be ... put to sleep and then wake up without a problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Who needs AppleTV?
    ... I said "about one second" long before you started to drag up specs of unrelated hard drives. ... "Are you actually trying to claim that a Mac laptop won't wake ... from sleep in about a second?" ...     in a second. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Off switch blues
    ... "It" is the operating system. ... Here's what the Apple documentation says: "To wake your computer from ... sleep, press a key on the keyboard, or click the mouse. ... requires this), the problem is that it STAYS awake, even though the user ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • =?utf-8?Q?Re:_Limited_connectivity_for_my_?= =?utf-8?Q?Internet_connection_=E2=80=93Sleep_mo
    ... It fixes some network wake from sleep problems. ... I can see there's a link bewteen the computer and the "Internet modem" under Network Map. ... But that very same map has a red cross between the "Internet modem" and the Internet earth globe. ...