Re: Error Codes on Updates

Run windows update. Instead of trying to install the updates via that
application, right click on each update and get the information. You'll
find a weblink to information about that update. Download each update
manually (you'll likely have to do it using IE, as M$ seems to be pesky
about people using other browsers), and install them from the downloaded
file. There is some real glitch in the x86 version of Windows Update,
and that happened to me frequently.

--
Zoloft

"Be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are what you
pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut paraphrased from his novel "Mother
Night."

  • Re: Error 0x80070020 Windows Update
    ... I attempted to load the latest Windows update software and get the ... I'll just manually download updates. ... Note that you only need to uninstall the interferer to do the update's install phase. ... stems from an automatic download of Microsoft Compression ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: error 80070424 windows update VISTA
    ... [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ... Windows Update history shows that all Microsoft Updates (Office, ... can download the latest WUA in order to install it manually. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: KB955428 update patch for microsoft woks 8
    ... kept getting Windows Update refusing to install. ... Windows Update downloaded but could not install the Works8 update. ... Download the file KB955428_en-US.cab. ... Once you have downloaded it to your desktop, double-click the icon on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Defragmenter not installed Error
    ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the ... Download the latest version of the Windows Update agent from here: ... Close all Internet Explorer windows and other applications. ...
  • Re: My computer (XP) keeps turning itself off, Please Help?