Error Codes on Updates

Hello,

I have been trying to install three important updates to my Vista
system and they are failing with error codes 8E5E0147 and 8E5E03FB. To
get help with this error Windows suggest going on line. This I have done
and then everything stops. Microsoft doesn't seem to recognise these
codes and I can't find anything that mentions what they mean, except
adverts for me to pay companies to "correct my system". I have been
corresponding by e-mail "very slowly" with someone at Microsoft for the
last 3 weeks, trying different suggestions of theirs and getting no
where. I am now very frustrated that the security of my system may be at
risk and Microsoft seem to be offering no help. From what I have been
able to find on the web I am not the only one who seems to get nowhere
with Microsoft and their error codes! Anyone else experience these error
codes on windows updates, and have they managed to rectify them?

--
Susan Sylvester

  • Re: Using Form_Error to trap Data Errors
    ... The following procedure creates a table containing many of the error codes ... and strings used or reserved by Microsoft Access and by the Microsoft Jet ... Dim strAccessErr As String ... rst.Open "AccessAndJetErrors", cnn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • RE: constant shutdowns while on the internet
    ... recovered from serious error, tell microsoft" message. ... >> date with all norton's anti-virus and internet security software. ... The laptop is a Fujisu Siemens. ... > write down any error codes it may display and post back with those codes ...
  • Re: Cant find CD-ROM D: drive
    ... Check Device Manager for error codes and or non-starting devices. ... Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. ... Microsoft Certified Professional ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: Error Codes on Updates
    ... download it directly. ... system and they are failing with error codes 8E5E0147 and 8E5E03FB. ... get help with this error Windows suggest going on line. ... Microsoft doesn't seem to recognise these ...
  • Re: SMS 2003 ITMU failure 11412 using Februarys wsusscn2.cab
    ... had mixed sets of clients: some had downloaded the new "Microsoft Updates ... Moreso, error codes don't match, although I ... 922351 Error message when you run the Inventory Tool for Microsoft Updates ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)