Re: super prefetch causing slow system

Leave it alone, it's doing what it's supposed to. It's loading often-used code into memory to attempt to speed up performance later. Let it be and you'll be happier in the long run.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx

"Dutch 64" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6239b42afad6fe2b1fbafe160dcc2a2a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, i have got a problem prefetch is giving me a hard time the first
2 minutes after i started up my system. I dont understand why after 7
months of using ultimate 64 its causing such lag ?? Is it because there
are more and more programs installed or what . I know i can turn it off
but i dont whant to.

My system specs :
gigabyte ga x38 dq6
intel q6600