Re: super prefetch causing slow system

Leave it alone, it's doing what it's supposed to. It's loading often-used code into memory to attempt to speed up performance later. Let it be and you'll be happier in the long run.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@xxxxxxxxx

"Dutch 64" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6239b42afad6fe2b1fbafe160dcc2a2a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, i have got a problem prefetch is giving me a hard time the first
2 minutes after i started up my system. I dont understand why after 7
months of using ultimate 64 its causing such lag ?? Is it because there
are more and more programs installed or what . I know i can turn it off
but i dont whant to.

My system specs :
gigabyte ga x38 dq6
intel q6600
8 gig g.e.i.l ddr2 800 memory
2x500 samsung spinpoint in raid0
8800gts 320mb

--
Dutch 64

  • Re: memory could not be "read"
    ... Here's a summary of my system specs from the directX diagnostics: ... Memory: 2048MB RAM ... Here's an errorlog from world of warcrafts errorlogs: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: super prefetch causing slow system
    ... Richard Urban ... Windows Desktop Experience ... but i dont whant to. ... My system specs: ...
  • Re: Memory problems with 2007
    ... What are the rest of your system specs. ... CPU, Video Card.... ... comes up with a no available memory error. ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)
  • Re: built new system
    ... > zulu wrote: ... You never gave your system specs. ... It's a Dell Dimension XPS-T700r with 512 MB memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Sony Vaio Woes :(
    ... You don't mention how much memory she has in it,specs say it comes with 128, ... that'd be my guess as to the jerkiness. ... Chris L ...