window vista --high cpu usage

just recently, my ibm lenovo 3000 became slugginsh.
Resource Monitor show explorer is consuming a lot of CPU...nothing
else....
ran anti virus and no virus detected.
ran in safe mode, and system runs normally.
ran in diagnostic mode which has fewer servies running than the safe
mode and the cpu crawls. so it seems that it's not the running
services that are causing the cpu to slow down.
i tried to logged in as a different user, which i created fresh and
it's also slow.
In normal mode, even if all services and startup are disabled, system
is still slow.

i am thinking of purchasing Xp and install over the current Vista but
i am not even sure if XP installer will let me down rev from Vista.

does anyone have suggestions.

my systems:
intel 1G T2060 @1.6G
1 G memory
SATA 120G hard drive

thank you in advance.

  • Re: window vista --high cpu usage
    ... ran anti virus and no virus detected. ... ran in safe mode, and system runs normally. ... i am thinking of purchasing Xp and install over the current Vista but ... i am not even sure if XP installer will let me down rev from Vista. ...
  • Re: Upgrading to Windows 7 from Vista Home Premium...
    ... it's easy to "uninstall" Windows 7 and revert back to Home Premium if he thinks that he made a mistake? ... If you want to go back to Vista, you will be performing a new install. ... That means Windows 7 will be wiped clean from your computer and Vista will be installed like new. ... The first thing one installs on a new Windows install should NOT be the anti virus, ...
  • Re: Downloaded a virus HELP!!
    ... My old Norton Anti Virus package did ... should install - I have Avira anti virus, windows firewall, spybot, ... Anti Virus may not protect you from Trojans and Anti ... Trojan will not protect you from virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Downloaded a virus HELP!!
    ... My old Norton Anti Virus package did it ... should install - I have Avira anti virus, windows firewall, spybot, ... Anti Virus may not protect you from Trojans and Anti ... Trojan will not protect you from virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Downloaded a virus HELP!!
    ... I emailed PC Security Shield whom I purchased the Shield ... Anti Virus from and told them that I had been told to remove their programme ... have a spyware infection on my machine.. ... would be asked to install those versions. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)